Thursday, December 11, 2008

Soldier's Silent Night - by Ted Berndt

So Matt came home the other day and was telling me about something he heard on the radio while listening to KOSY 106.5. He was trying to express to me and put into words how moved he was by it, but was having a hard time describing/expressing it to me. This morning he got a chance to share it with me when he heard it come on the radio again while he was driving to work. He called me and told me to hurry and turn the radio on so I could here it.........which I did. After it was over, he called me back again to make sure I had heard it and to hear my thoughts on it. I was actually too choked up with tears to say much!

Having grown up in the military myself with a wonderful father who served and fought for this country every day for so many years of my life..................it makes me even more emotional and proud of our military. I love my Dad and I'm so grateful to him and to all of the other soldiers in the past and present who are constantly fighting and giving up their lives for our freedom! Words can't even express how grateful I am to you all!

This video really touched me very deeply and I wanted to share it with you all as well. In this Christmas Season especially.........lets all remember the true meaning of the season. Let's remember Christ and the sacrifice he gave to each of us. Let's remember the thousands of soldiers who are also sacrificing for us every day as well.............

Click on the link below and it will take you to the video. (Don't forget to turn off the music on my blog for a minute first so that you can really hear it.) Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INj75VHjthk

4 comments:

Knottymoose said...

Wow... I am speechless. Thank you for sharing that. God bless.

Tiffany said...

Thanks for sharing that!

Salina said...

K, We're even! That was beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this.

ilamarie said...

Thank you for sharing. My son's in iraq this holiday and as hard as that is one me...he's the truly sacrificing. i wish more folks acknowledged what our troops are giving up for our freedoms...whether we agree with the politics of it all or not.