Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cook Yourself Thin


So I enjoy cooking and trying new things, and I LOVE cookbooks and learning new tips on ways to get and stay healthier. I'm still struggling to be as healthy as I should be......it's a constant struggle everyday. But I am also determined that I'm going to get there........eventually! :)
About a week or so ago, I happened to catch a commercial for a new cooking show that was starting..........and it REALLY piqued my interest! I quickly stopped what I was doing, picked up my remote control, and programmed my DVR to start recording it the very first day it aired. I'm SO GLAD I did! I'm now LOVING the show and all the new tips that I'm learning!
The show is called "Cook Yourself Thin".............as indicated in the above picture. These 3 cute ladies pictured above are the 'cooking experts' giving all the advice and tips on how to eat healthier and cut your calories way, WAY down while still enjoying your favorite foods. The show just aired for the first time on Monday..........and it comes on every afternoon on the Lifetime Channel (I know, the 'psycho channel' as my husband fondly calls it! LOL) at 3:00 and 3:30 p.m., Mountain Time. Usually, I'm busy working during that time so I've got my wonderful DVR recording it for me so that I can watch the episodes later when I have a little time to do so. (What did I ever do before DVR?!)
So far....in just 2 days.....I have already learned quite a bit and have been AMAZED at the little changes you can make to some of your favorite fattening foods to make them so much less fattening.......but still taste so great! It's unreal! I've actually been printing the recipes off the website online at http://www.mylifetime.com/ and I'm currently in the process of creating my own, personal, healthy cookbook full of the recipes off the show and anywhere else I can find them. I'm so excited!! My husband lovingly calls me a 'geek'.........but hey! He appreciates that I cook for him, so he can't complain too much! And so far, interestingly enough, he's actually been enjoying some of the new recipes I've been trying in spite of being a little bit weary of them at first. Yay!!
I would highly recommend that everyone check out this new show.....it's quickly becoming one of my favorites! Let's be healthy and feel better about ourselves together.................
Here are 2 of the recipes that were aired so far:
This first one was aired yesterday.
This 2nd one was aired on Monday.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I'm gonna DVR it too!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

sounds intereting. . . might just have to check it out!

The Mickelsen's said...

Hey, I just found this channel in the On Demand section. It's under tv shows! I'll check it out!