OK...........We now have our pass along cards all designed and ready to print. The printing will be done this week, and then we will start mailing and distributing them to people in hopes of helping us out with our pursuit to get our family started. We are really excited and we think the cards turned out really well. Here's what they will look like:
(This will be the front of the card.)
(This will be the back of the card.)
The cards will be small........business card size. We figured that would make it easier for people to slip them into their wallets, purses, etc, and carry them with them.
The purpose of these cards is to help us to get the word out to all of our family and friends..........and their family and friends, etc. It is very strongly encouraged by LDSFS to pass cards, etc, out and to be as proactive as possible. So that's what we're trying to do.
We have a lot of family and friends who don't live close by us here in Utah.........so we are hoping to be able to use that to our advantage. Our birthparents/baby may not even be in the state of Utah............and maybe this will help us to find them.
I have a special favor/request to ask of all of my female friends today. I know that we all (or at least we should be) have a 'female doctor' that we see periodically.............and most of us have an OB doctor. I'm hoping that I can get all of your help in passing out our cards and talking about us to your doctors at your next visits. I have heard stories of people who have actually been able to find their children and adopt them this way. There are a lot of babies out there who are being born, with no home to go to. Maybe at least one of those babies is supposed to be in our family.
Also, I know that some of us have family/friends who work in hospitals as well. I'd like to use that out our advantage, too. If you work in a hospital or know of someone who works in a hospital and can do so.............please feel free to give some of our cards to that person to take to work with them and pass out as well if something comes up that they know of or hear about (as long as it won't get them in trouble).
I am very aware that the subject of adoption can be a very sensitive subject for some people. I'm asking for everyone's help, but I'm also asking that you be sensitive to other people's feelings as you help us to be proactive in our efforts. Please don't approach someone that might be offended or hurt in some way..................but approach as many people as you can. (I hope that makes sense.) If you hear/know of someone who is looking to place a baby for adoption and you are able and feel comfortable to do so...........please feel free to give them our card and talk to them a little bit about us. Who knows? Maybe we're just the couple they're looking for!
Please don't feel obligated to take any of our cards. Again, I know this can be somewhat of a sensitive subject for some. But if you are interested in getting a few from us, please let us know! If you live close by, we'll hand you a few in person. Email us (at the email address below) and let us know that you'd like some. If you don't live close by, please email us at: mattanddarla@yahoo.com and give us your mailing address to send some cards to. We'll mail them out as soon as possible!
Please, please help us! We are really looking forward to hopefully finding our baby sometime in the near future! And thanks in advance for those of you who are willing to help us. You don't know how much we appreciate it!
Christmas 2012
13 years ago






3 comments:
Give me some cards!!! I am ready! :) Love you!
Send me some too. We need to get together again soon!
Your cards are the BOMB! Love them...
Post a Comment