I received this quote in one of my email inboxes a couple weeks ago. I wanted to share it with you, as well as include a link to the entire talk that the quote comes from. It's a pretty amazing talk in it's entirety, but there were a few things that really stood out to me the most.
The talk is split up into sections, and the first section that really stood out to me was the one on, "Christ Gave Us The Constitution". It was amazing to me to read through that section and reflect on the ways of the world, our Government, and the Constitution today. It's interesting (and often sad to me) that things that were said and even prophecied 25 years ago are surely coming to pass today. It breaks my heart and even makes me a bit angry when I see men today, our leaders....those who are supposed to be our examples....corrupting the Government and trying to take God out of the equation. I just don't understand why, when our entire nation was founded upon the principle of God. I hate watching men and women today being so easily persuaded to follow the evils of Satan.......
The second section that really stood out to me was the one on, "Our Gifts to Christ". The final story at the very end really touched my heart. Often, I try to remind myself that nothing I have belongs to me. Everything I have is a direct result of 'gifts' that God and Jesus Christ have given to me. I owe them EVERYTHING! I am forever in their debt and I try to remind myself to be thankful for everything that I have. Often, it's so easy to 'forget' to enjoy the blessings when we are wallowing in our own miseries and focusing on the things we DON'T have.
Anyway, here's the quote and the link. Enjoy!
The talk is split up into sections, and the first section that really stood out to me was the one on, "Christ Gave Us The Constitution". It was amazing to me to read through that section and reflect on the ways of the world, our Government, and the Constitution today. It's interesting (and often sad to me) that things that were said and even prophecied 25 years ago are surely coming to pass today. It breaks my heart and even makes me a bit angry when I see men today, our leaders....those who are supposed to be our examples....corrupting the Government and trying to take God out of the equation. I just don't understand why, when our entire nation was founded upon the principle of God. I hate watching men and women today being so easily persuaded to follow the evils of Satan.......
The second section that really stood out to me was the one on, "Our Gifts to Christ". The final story at the very end really touched my heart. Often, I try to remind myself that nothing I have belongs to me. Everything I have is a direct result of 'gifts' that God and Jesus Christ have given to me. I owe them EVERYTHING! I am forever in their debt and I try to remind myself to be thankful for everything that I have. Often, it's so easy to 'forget' to enjoy the blessings when we are wallowing in our own miseries and focusing on the things we DON'T have.
Anyway, here's the quote and the link. Enjoy!
"Some men are willing to die for their faith but will not fully live for it. Christ both lived and died for us. By walking in his steps and through his atonement we can gain the greatest gift of all--eternal life--which is that kind of life of the great Eternal One, our Father in heaven."







0 comments:
Post a Comment