Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A lot of mixed emotions............

I made a comment on Facebook a little while ago that really set some people's curiosity on fire, so I thought I would post a note to let everyone kind of know what's going on........and to ask for your help.

A couple of days ago, Matt got an email from the wife of someone he's affiliated with at work. Apparently, they have a neighbor who is pregnant and is looking at placing her baby with an adoptive couple in the near future. As you all know, Matt and I are not at all shy or quiet about telling people that we are looking to adopt......so EVERYONE that Matt is affiliated with at work knows we are adopting. :) This person's wife emailed Matt asking for our adoption information to pass along to this neighbor who is looking to become a birthmother. Matt emailed her back with our adoption blog information on Monday.........so now we wait and see if anything comes of it.

Then I got a phone call at home about 2 hours ago from Josh, our caseworker with LDS Family Services. He was calling to tell me about a case that came through their agency from another agency......a little 'black/hispanic' baby boy, due to be born on 08/27/2009. They are apparently having some trouble placing and finding adoptive parents for this little baby and as Josh read through the information he was given, he pulled our information and thought that we might be interested in contacting the other agency and pursuing it further. He emailed me the information he received, and as I read through it my heart began to ache. I have some reservations and some very real concerns about potential problems/complications, but I also feel strongly that Matt and I need to pray about this and see what we feel. At the moment, I have some very conflicting emotions.

My plea to you is to please include us in your prayers as we make a difficult decision. Pray for us to know what we should do, and that everything will work out for us in the Lord's way and in His timetable. If either of these children are meant to be in our family, please pray for us that everything will work out accordingly. Otherwise, please pray for us regardless so that we may be guided in such away that we will be able to find our future children............

8 comments:

Jamie said...

You guys are in my prayers! I hope everything works out for ya'll!

Janae said...

We admire you guys so much... good luck with these huge life changing decisions. You will be blessed!

Anderson Family said...

You know our prayers are always with you!

Colby and Dani said...

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers! Good luck with everything!

Amy said...

Any child will be blessed to have you two as parents! You are in my prayers and I hope it all works out for the best.

Marisol said...

the lords hands are powerful and he will do all the work!! Stay strong and the lord guides us in the right diretion HAVE FAITH that's the key!!

The Stringham's said...

Oh that is such exciting news! Which ever baby you are suppose to have even if its neither one of these know that Heavenl Father has a plan for all of us. It ALL works out....it ALWAYS does! You know that, so don't worry or double guess yourself! We are so excited for ou guys and cant wait for you to become parents! Sure love you guys!

Tiffany said...

This is amazing news Darla!! Take 'em both I tell ya!!! :) I do know a couple of people that that has happened to!! You are in our prayers! The Lord has a hand in this and you will BOTH KNOW and things will just fall into place they way they should!!