Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Plea for Prayers

Since Matt and I have so many wonderful friends and family, I thought I would appeal to everyone for some additional prayers for a family in our ward who really needs them right now.............

To make a long story short, Clint & Rachel Emery have been married for a few years and have been trying to get pregnant for quite some time. With the help of a very common infertility drug (yes, one that I have tried myself before) they were finally able to get pregnant..............with TRIPLETS!! Rachel started having some complications from the very beginning and was put on bedrest right away for several months. Our Ward has really been so great about rallying around them and trying to help out in the best ways possible, such as bringing in meals to them, etc. After a couple of months of bedrest at home, Rachel was then put in the hospital for the remainder of her pregnancy. Unfortunately, they were not able to keep her from delivering the babies way too early...........................

Rachel delivered Logan, Conner, and Brayden into the world at the end of May and the 3 little boys have been struggling just to stay alive since they are so weak and not fully developed enough yet. 2 of the boys weighed in at 1 pound and some ounces, and the other little boy weighed in at 2 pounds and some ounces. The 2 smaller of the boys have had some complications of their own and it's been somewhat of a fight to keep them alive. The larger one seemed to be doing well and was the stronger of the 3.

Unfortunately, little Logan Emery's kidneys ruptured and he died on Monday. He was the 2 pound baby that had been doing so well.

As you can imagine, Clint and Rachel have been having a tough few months and are struggling to keep their brand new little family alive and growing. Losing one of the babies is a really tough blow to them and they are in great need of all the prayers and love they can get. My plea to you is to please include the Emery Family in your thoughts and in your prayers throughout the comings weeks, months, as they struggle to keep the other 2 babies alive and growing.

The Emery's are having a graveside service tomorrow, Friday, at 11:00 a.m. for little Logan Emery and anyone in the Ward is invited to attend. We are also having a Ward Fast on Sunday as well, for all those who would like to participate.

Again, please keep this family in your prayers!!

4 comments:

Knottymoose said...

Oh Darla... my heart is so heavy reading this. I can't imagine going through this. I will definately include them in all my prayers.

Unknown said...

Darla-
Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering how they have been doing. We are thinking about them at this hard time. Please let them know that.

Janae

The Biesingers said...

Hi its Carlie I worked with you at PMG and ran across your page from Heathers. Hope your doing good!

Tiffany said...

I'll keep them in my prayers and I'll put them on the prayer roll here in Mesa Temple. I've had a good friend experience the exact thing a few years ago. You're such a great friend thoughtful to help them in this capacity.