Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Latest Adoption Update...................

So I thought I would give everyone the latest, newest development in our adoption process. On Sunday, Matt and I finally took the time to sit down and finish up our questionnaires and 'paperwork' we had to do online. None of it was really hard, it was just a matter of finding the time to actually sit down and get it all done. There were a lot of very personal, in depth questions that we didn't want to answer lightly.

It only took us about 3 months, but we finally got it all there!!

On Monday, I called Josh, our caseworker, and told him that we finally had it done. He set up appointments for both Matt and I to come in and do our individual interviews with him, which we did last night after work. Both interviews went really well and Josh told us he'll come out to see our house in the next week or so..................and he actually thinks he can probably get us our approval in the next 2 weeks if we can get all the rest of the things in that they need. I was shocked when he told me that!! I just looked at him and said, "You're kidding!"

I was thinking that, at the earliest, we might have our approval by the end of the summer and then be on the waiting list. But everything seems to be going really smoothly and rather quickly for Matt and I. I'm so excited but really scared, too, to be honest! I have no concerns at all that Matt will be a good Daddy..................he's so great! But I do still worry sometimes if I'll be a good Mommy...........................I will certainly do my best! It's scary, but crazy and exciting to think about!

8 comments:

Anderson Family said...

YA!!!! This is exciting news!!

Salina said...

Very exciting news! And NEVER doubt yourself! It's not easy for any mother, no matter how our children came to us...we all wonder if we are messing our kids up!! But you guys will be great, and you SO deserve this! Keep your chins up, it will happen when it is supposed to!

Christy and Shaun said...

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!! Keep us up to date!! and as said before NEVER doubt yourself. you will be a wonderful Mommy because you will give the love that is needed!!!
We love you guys!!!!

Knottymoose said...

Darla this is great news! I know the exact feelings you have about being a Mommy... but I think it's natural. You and Matt will be great parents. I'm curious on how your home study goes. I've heard they check all your drawers and cupboards for dangerous items. Let me know if you don't mind. We might be going through this soon too. Hugs to you and Matt! It won't be long!

T.A.T.I Crew said...

I am so happy for you both! Hoo-freakin'-ray! This is great news.

You will make such amazing parents.

I will keep checking back for more updates.

Janae said...

Congrats! Keep updating! I love to hear what is going on and we are so excited for you gugys!

Amy said...

That is wonderful!! I hope the wait is not too much longer. You will make a wonderful mother!!

The Knouse's said...

I know you will both be awesome parents! I'm glad that everything is going smoothly!