Thursday, February 10, 2011

Come What May, and Love It

I've been reading in the November 2008 Ensign again this morning.....really enjoying remembering and re-reading the talks and addresses from the October 2008 General Conference. So many of them seem to be what I really need to hear again right now.

In my reading this morning, I read the talk "Come What May, and Love It" by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. Here is a link to that talk so that you can enjoy it yourself:

http://lds.org/liahona/2008/11/come-what-may-and-love-it?lang=eng

Again, more really great 'advice' for me to take into consideration and apply to my daily life. One of my favorite quotes in that talk was something that Elder Wirthlin typed up on a small card and gave to one of his daughters who was suffering from an illness at the time:

"The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him."

Such simple and true words for me and each of us to apply to our lives on a daily basis. So simple and true....yet so hard to do at times. I'm working to get better at it every day.....

1 comments:

Colby and Dani said...

Oh, I miss Elder Wirthlin!! Such a great talk, and such good advice.