While Matt and I were in Williamsburg, Virginia visiting for a week at the beginning of March we saw so much great American history! Growing up in the military my whole life, I definitely developed a very strong sense of pride and appreciation for our beautiful country! I absolutely admire and appreciate those men and women who are out serving our country everyday.........putting their lives on the line to fight for our freedoms and all of the many luxuries we all enjoy here in our Beautiful Nation!
While we were in one of the little souvenir shops in Yorktown, I happened to see this T-shirt as I was leaving the store. I know...........those little shops always have T-shirts, etc! But what was written on this particular T-shirt caught my attention and I HAD to write it down!! I LOVE this quote by our former President, George Washington!! Matt and I were able to visit George Washington's Mansion on our way to Washington D.C. another day and we really learned a lot more about him. What a truly great man............
"Do not let anyone claim to be a true American if they attempt to remove religion from politics."
-General George Washington-






3 comments:
I'm having so much fun reading your I love the George Washington quote--too bad more people don't feel the same way.
I love Williamsburg. I love looking at the pics. I love George Washington and that quote!
Hey Darla,
It's an old singles ward friend, Sharon. I noticed your link on Janice's. I was reading through and loved this quote by G.W. Can I borrow it for my blog?
I hope things work out for you guys and the adoption.
Sharon (Gooch) Morrill
Post a Comment