Matt and I met in an LDS Singles Ward up at the University of Utah in October of 2001. I had been attending that Ward for awhile, but Matt started showing up one day with a good friend of his. I didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to him at first, except to notice that he was very sweet and had BEAUTIFUL eyes...............and always seemed to be around!! :) It wasn't until January of 2002 that we finally started dating. A bunch of my roommates were all coming back into town with their husbands, etc, and everyone wanted to get together one night at our apartment. I was against getting a 'date', as I was not interested in dating anyone at the time and was trying to focus on me for awhile, but my roommates finally convinced me to just ask someone. Actually, they finally convinced me to ask Matt since he was always so nice.............and always around. I finally consented and called him to invite him. He said yes and came that night. It was a very fun night, too! We had several couples there and it was fun to catch up with everyone again. I remember we ordered pizza and played some fun games with everyone. Anyway, Matt was the last to leave our apartment that night and I KNEW he was going to ask me out again....................which I wasn't totally sold on. Matt had been so nice to me that night, nicer than anyone I've ever dated before, and I didn't know quite how to handle it. It scared me a little! Not surprisingly, he asked me out the next night at Ward Prayer................and we've been together ever since! I was there with him through his Dad's death and trying to deal with that, which helped me to get over some of my own reservations and really give him a chance. He was just so sweet to me!! He would leave flowers on my doorstep after a date and was always so genuine and really seemed to care! He's still that way..............5 years later!!
We were married in the Jordan River Temple in South Jordan, UT on February 21, 2003. Throughout the last 5 years, we've truly grown together and have become even stronger as a couple. We have our struggles, just like everyone else does. Probably the hardest part has been not being able to get pregnant. As of yet, there's no medical reason for it...............it just hasn't happened. Maybe the Lord has something else in store for us...........I don't know. I guess we'll find out! A few months ago we finally decided to pursue adoption.............and that's where we're at.
Currently, we are going through the paperwork with LDS Family Services..............which will take a little time. After the paperwork is done and we get our approval, then I truly believe that it will be in the Lord's hands to help us make this happen. I truly feel that it will all happen when the time is right! Until then, Matt and I will stay strong and enjoy the time that we have together as a couple..............because our lives are gonna change drastically when it finally happens!! But we're looking forward to it too...................
Christmas 2012
13 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment