Thursday, October 2, 2008

Spiderman


So we, as a Relief Society Presidency, like to go out on visits every week to try and catch some of the sisters at home and visit with them to find out how they and their families are doing. It just helps us to stay in touch with the sisters in the Ward better. Tina, our R.S. President, goes out every week and then Dani, Michelle, and I all take turns going out with her each week. This week was my turn. I was enjoyable to get to visit with a couple of the sisters in the ward......

Anyway, after visits we went back to Tina's house for our R.S. Presidency Meeting. As the meeting was drawing to a close, Tina told us about some relatives of theirs who are really struggling right now and told us of a website they've created as a result. I thought I would post that website on my blog to help promote and get the word out. If anyone is looking for someone to help out this season as the Holidays get closer................maybe this family is someone we can keep in our prayers and find ways to help out. Here's the website:

www.spidermanfightscancer.com

1 comments:

spidermanfightscancer.com said...

Matt & Darla
I am Austin's dad, my boy is the one with APML leukemia. Thank you so much for putting Austin's Story out there. The website has kept us connected with what would have been an unknown source of strength. We are so grateful for the well wishes and prayers of others. The great outpouring of support has humbled me beyond words.

Austin is doing well these days, he bounces back and forth from having lots of energy to being extremely exhausted. The Docs say he should hit bottom by this tuesday and then begin his climb back to normal "blood count numbers" right before we have to give him one last round of Chemo before we take another bone marrow sample.

We are holding a fundraising event in Austin's Honor on November 8th. I love to meet you and your readers at the 5K fun run. People can register

at www.spidermanfightscancer.com

In the sincerest way possible that it can be said on a blog -Thank you - and God Bless!