Saturday, March 28, 2009

Foster Care Classes - Life's Roller Coaster of Emotions and Decisions

You'll notice that I haven't blogged about any Foster Care Classes in the last week or so. As I said in the blog I just posted, we were busy with my sister's kids and took a break from the classes during that time.

Originally, we had every intention of missing those classes and then making them up in April to get licensed to do Foster Care. However, I have still had some very real reservations and concerns about Foster Care, but was continuing to push forward until I felt otherwise. Matt and I had some very serious discussions about it in the last week or so, and we both came to the conclusion that we feel like the timing isn't right yet for Foster Care......for a number of personal reasons. We feel 100% sure about LDS Family Services, but have had some serious reservations about Foster Care. We are taking that as an answer to our prayers and have decided to only pursue adoption through LDS Family Services at the moment. It has been a very hard decision to make, but we feel good about it. I do feel that we will most likely do Foster Care in the future, but for now we are sticking with LDSFS.

On Thursday night, our LDSFS Agency had a 'meet and greet' of all of the caseworkers, secretaries, etc, which we attended. It was a great way for the caseworkers to meet us in person to help keep us in mind when they are looking to help birthmoms place their babies with adoptive couples. That night we were able to give Josh, our caseworker, some of the legal documents that we needed to turn in.

As we were there at the Agency that night, the feelings that I felt while there and as we came away that night helped us both to confirm the decisions we've very recently made about Foster Care.

We feel like we're headed in the right direction........

0 comments: