Mike Hamblin, from Utah Foster Care, came out to our house yesterday evening to visit with Matt and I. Basically, we just kind of went over a lot of the information we learned in the Adoption/Foster Care Forum we went to a month or so ago. He wanted to make sure we understood what Foster Care is all about and to answer any questions we might have. He also asked us about our personal feelings on a couple of things and got some information from us to begin the process. He gave us an application and a schedule of the classes that we are going to need to take to get licensed to become foster parents. The classes run every month, and we have to attend 32 hours to "graduate". The classes are 3 times a week, on Wednesday night and during the day on Saturday.......and one Monday night.........four hours each class. As I was looking at my planner last night, I realized there are some things that we've already committed ourselves to at those same times as the classes that we can't back out on, so we'll have to make up those classes that we'll miss in April.
I was already thinking that our month was looking pretty busy........but now it just got quite a bit busier!! Looks like we'll be juggling a lot of different things this month. Wish us luck!
Christmas 2012
13 years ago






3 comments:
Sounds like this process will be keeping you running for a bit! Good luck!
I hear some of the classes can be tough emotionally, but its fun to meet the different people and learn why they are trying to become foster parents. It'll be a busy month, but this is a situation where you have to try to enjoy the process. Good luck. Hopefully, we'll see you soon.
Good luck with everything! This month's schedule should be fun to juggle!!
Post a Comment